Thursday 9 January 2014

Be mine





   I seem to have got into making shaped cards recently. I began this one by making a heart template that would fit into a square card and used it to cut out a heart shaped card remembering to leave a hinge! I then scored the top of the card and folded it in half to form the easel mechanism. Using the same template I cut out a red heart from glitter silk core'dinations. This I attached to the bottom half of the fold.
   The base of the card I covered with heart shaped balloon paper which I had in my stash. I cannot remember which CD ROM I used as I printed it sometime ago.
   The stamped image is 'Teddy flower' from Lili of the Valley and I coloured it using Promarkers, dusting the edges with distress ink. This I matted onto gemstones core'dinations to add a different texture but still keep the shine - all kids like shiny sparkly things, even big ones. I also added glitter to the centre of the flower, peel off letters to the envelope and a bow to the top corner.
   Punched flowers were added to the side of the image and a mini gem stone glued to the centre of each.
   The easel stop was made from part of a doily and this I matted onto red mirri card. I use a gold gel pen to go over the words on the doily and added a red bow to the base of the heart. Finally I attached red peel offs to the edge of the base.

   I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
   Lili of the Valley - anything goes
   Penny Black and More - love is in the air
   Send A Smile 4 Kids - valentine 4 kids
   ABC - C is for colourful
   I Love Promarkers - add a bow
   Crafty Cardmakers and More - bear with me
   Digi Sketch - say it with flowers
   Winter Wonderland - teddy bears
   Incy Wincy Designs - 3 favourite embellishments ( punchd flowers, ribbon, gems)
   Ooh La La Creations - easel card
   

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful design gorgeous image. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally Gorgeous love the image, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland for our Teddy challenge
    Hugs and Happy New Year
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your heart shaped card. As we used the same image for this challenge it's great to see how different colours and shapes can totally change it.

    Thanks for sharing

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fabulous Valentine's card, I really love the heart shape it looks amazing. The teddy looks amazing and the way you've echoed the flower as embellishments is brilliant.

    Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge at CCM&M.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute this card is! Great shape too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and shape.
    thank you for joining the Winter Wonderland 'Teddy Bear' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great easel card with a cute image. I love Sunflowers. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card Mary and the shape is really different and eye catching.

    Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, so cute! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely easel card and a great choice of embellishments. Thank you for joining the challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, i love the heart shaped easel, the very pretty doily heart and the adorable image! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card, thank you so much for playing along with us at Digi Sketch Challenge.

    kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning Hun, a fabulous easel card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card! The lovely bright colours are gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete